Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My weekend with Kenzie


Well, I am finally getting around to posting on the blog again. I thought that I would give a counter post to what Kenzie and I did while Kari was in SoCal at Mel's wedding. Let's get started, shall we? First we dropped Kari off at the airport.

Then we went and saw an early showing of "Space Chimps" at the dollar theater. Neither of us was really impressed. In retrospect, we should have seen Kung Fu Panda for the third time.

Then we went to register my new car. Since they had to mail me the plates, the best I could do for proof that we went was the receipt that they gave us.


After that we were off to the library to get some books to read and some videos to watch. Notice the shirt. Guess who dressed her that day?


we also like to go the library to look at the fish. And the 87 on her back? Sidney Crosby's number.


We used the computer to find any Curious George books that we had not read.


For a treat Mackenzie got her first Slurpee. It was a moment for both of us.

Followed by her first "Slurpee tongue". Can you tell that it was a Cherry Slurpee?

And for a grand finale, I taught her how to make a blanket fort in the living room.


We hung out in the fort and watched cartoons and ate popcorn until it was time for bed. I think next time she will want to sleep in there. All in all we had some good quality "Daddy and Daughter" time. Kenzie is a great source of joy to me, and I love spending time with her. Hope everyone enjoyed.

Carter

2 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

Good Daddy! Love that slurpee tongue!

Mikybarb said...

Wow! You took pictures and wrote about your adventures? I am so impressed! It looks like you two had a wonderful time - I'm so glad those fun memories are preserved! Excellent fort - that was some quality construction!
-Barb