Monday, October 27, 2008

Sneak peek at Halloween...

OK, so I am a very proud momma and had to share. I am not a sew-r. At least not like I am a scrapbooker. I do not sew very much at all but I have done a few items. Kenzi decided awhile ago that she wanted to be batgirl. We went at the beginning of this month looking for a batgirl costume. Now I don't overly love the black costume but thought hey if it will save me from having to make something maybe it is worth it. Until I couldn't find her size, the size 14 I found was $40!! I thought well if I go to Walmart and they have a pattern for cheap as well as material I can try making it. Well I found both. The material was $2/yd and the pattern was $2.44 So I gave it a try. And this is the end result! I couldn't believe that it actually turned out! And Kenzi loves it. She even wanted to show it to her babysitters on Saturday. I was also so excited too to have it done way before Halloween! So now Carter is working on the belt and we will have a batgirl ready to go! If you are wondering why she is in purple and a little different outfit, she is the Batman strikes batgirl with the 1966 bat emblem. I liked this out fit way better and thought long sleeves might be good as it seems to be getting colder. So Happy Halloween and I will post more when Halloween gets here! Kari

4 comments:

Becky said...

Impressive! I spent $60 on James' costume here rather than have to make something. Although, I must admit that I would never have done that in the states. I just don't have the patience to go looking at all the crafty stores here and trying to ask for specific items in French. So I went to the only Halloween shop here and got him a costume. Next year I am bringing one back from the states.

Dave said...

That looks very cute. You did a great job! I just wish taht we could put "J" in his Speed Racer costume or "B" in her Snow White costume on our blog!

Keri and Neal said...

You never cease to amaze me!

Kristie K. said...

It looks great!!!

And I am sure the scrapbook page for it will be darling too.
Personally, I like the purple batgirl costume better, maybe because I was raised on it. I always wanted to be her when I was younger. I had a huge crush on robin.