Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Year's Eve



OK, so I promised a New Year's Eve story. Carter and I were able to find a young woman who was doing a Parent's Night out. For my local friends if you need her name and number you know how to reach me. Anyway, She had activities planned and at 10 pm they went outside and banged on pots and pans and "celebrated" New Year's! What I thought was so cute was that they made the pillow case and the hands are of every kid that showed up. Her name is also stamped on the bottom. Well that is only half the story. Carter and I had some freedom so Carter knowing that I like to have fun on holidays had got us tickets to see Petty Theft at the House of Blues in Dallas. They are a cover band for... wait for it...Tom Petty! ;0) Anyway, when we get there the guy asks if we are drinking to give us a band and when Carter and I both said "No"he repeated very shocked. "Well I guess you go ahead and go in?!?!?!?!" So we walk in and the show has not started and would not start for another hour, unbeknownst to us. Anyway we find a corner to take a seat on the floor. A guy comes between Carter and the wall and wants to put his jacket in the corner. Needless to say, her had a drink in the other hand, a cosmopolitan at least that is what we smelled after he spilled it all over Carter and myself. The guy had no idea what was going on until I grabbed his drink and nicely, but firmly "Sir, you are spilling your drink on us!" Well we watched the band for about 45 minutes before we decided that we needed to go home and clean ourselves up. We rang in the new year on DART getting back to our car. It was actually a lot of fun and Kenzi seemed to have a good time too! So Happy New Year a few days late and hopefully it is a great year for everybody!!! Love ya!

No comments: