Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kenzi goes to the Utah Farm...


Well we are finally back home from our trip to Utah, or as we affectionately call it, The Utah Farm. It is the only one in the family so it gets deemed the Utah Farm. And really what my brother has is Goats, Chickens, Cats, and a dog. They are thinking about getting a Mule, but I am not sure that makes it any more of a farm than the rest of the stuff. Now a cow or pigs on the other hand... So the pictures running past you as you read this is Kenzi going and running in the sprinklers in which she did once or twice and went and dried off on the trampoline. She loved the trampoline the most. Anytime she could she would jump. She would go out to get eggs from the chickens return to the house to give them to us and then she would be back out to the trampoline. We went this week because my parents went a couple of years back at this time when the County fair was in town. They loved it so much that they wanted to go back for it and thought Kenzi would have fun too so we went along. So there are a couple of pictures of us at the fair. I had never been to a parade that fed you... Almost everything that went by threw out candy and we also got Popsicles from the local store, and individual cereal packets from the Malt-o-meal plant in the neighborhood. We went to see what my niece, Kayla got on her shirt that she made and submitted it to the Fair. That is the girl in the green striped shirt and her shirt is the pink one above her. (So CUTE!) She got a blue ribbon for it! Good job Kayla! After that we hit the rides at the fair, which Kenzi had fun at. She was intimidated by some, but got over it VERY fast. So you don't think I am a completely horrible picture taker, the picture of the empty slide - I was trying to get a picture of Kenzi coming down and missed. Though I was totally able to get one of my nephew, Emmett.The slide pictures are with me in them because when she got to the bottom of the stairs she thought she was going on another ride, dropped her rug and headed straight for me. So I grabbed the carpet and reassured her that we were going on the slide. When we went to get on the rug at the top she started to panic until I distracted her with "Remember when we went down the snow hill in Six Flags, this is the same except there is no snow." While she was trying to figure that out, I had started to go and she started to understand and enjoy herself. I left the Fair early to get Carter from the airport, so I handed off Kenzi to my sister-in-law. We got back Thursday afternoon, just in time to go to the Rodeo. We were able to hit some rides before the Rodeo, as we had left over tickets. So the picture of the boy and the girl sitting close to each other on a ride was my nephew and niece, Emmett and Kami. The ride was making them sit that close, because otherwise that would not have been their preference! OK, I have never been to a Rodeo but I have seen Bull riding on t.v. The only part I didn't like was when the kids would ride the baby bulls. I think a kid actually broke his arm! The rest was pretty interesting and I am not sure that the bull riders or the rodeo clowns get paid enough!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you're back. I agree about the bull riders and rodeo clowns, especially the clowns.

Keri and Neal said...

What a great time! But we Texans are glad to have you back.

Keri and Neal said...

Oh yeah, and I know it's been a while since I peeked at your blog but love the new header!