Thursday, October 15, 2009

Failure is just a word...

So I have always admired people who can write so eloquently that you want to keep reading. And yesterday I found a cousin who keeps a blog and stumbled upon such a posting from her. First and foremost, this family of cousins are absolutely brilliant and amazing. Their parents have done an amazing job with raising them and they have such drive. Secondly Courtney, the said cousin, wrote a post about Failure is just a word. I was a little surprised at what she was saying because I thought insecurities only extended to the lesser population but everything was completely relate-able! We all feel insecurities and I firmly believe that the adversary works extra hard on women. (If you would like more on that topic, let me know and I will be happy to oblige.)

Her point was that failure seems to strike so much fear in us, but really it is just a word. While I completely concur, I know why it strikes fear. It is a very difficult thing to think that you as a person are less than. We do so much to tell ourselves that we are important and unique and loved by many. That when something we try to accomplish does not happen or "fails" you question every fiber of your being. "Is there something that I could have done different to give a better result?" And when you truly feel that you have done everything within your power and it is still not enough, ALL you have to lean on is the Lord.

The adversary is more than happy to derail and help you think that you are not good enough. However, right now, I am making a stand! While I REALLY wanted the IVF to work and get pregnant with quadruplets, yes I said quadruplets, It is not in my plan right now. I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves and cares for me. He knows the pain I feel and wants me to have all of my righteous desires! And for whatever reason we do not get to have more children right now, I am going to trust that everything will made right. And while failure is absolutely one of the worst places to be, I would much rather fail knowing that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me then succeed and have no knowledge of my Eternal blessings!

Thank you to EVERYONE for your love, support, meals, prayers, and hopes! We could not have done this without your charity! You are truly amazing and we are so thankful for you in our lives! Love, Kari

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I can not say it enough. You are AMAZING!! It's been such a blessing to be your visiting teaching companion and see and FEEL your strength and LOVE! You have so much to give and you give it freely to everyone. I love you. God indeed loves you. I will be right behind you in heaven asking why these things happen? Stay strong. Let me know if you need anything.

Blacker Blog said...

I love you, Kari - you are truly amazing (as tears well up in my eyes for you).

Tamara said...

You are such an amazingly strong person with a tremendous amount of faith. We've all been hoping so hard that we can't help crying with you right now but I know that it will be made right for you in heaven and we will be with you then too, only then we'll all be celebrating for you. I love you.