Monday, January 25, 2010

Utah in a nutshell...

So as most of you know Kenzi and I made a trip to Utah for a week to visit with my brother and his family as well as my parents. We had a such a great time! Kenzi so loved playing in the snow!


Here is Kenzi and Aunt Shauna building a snowman which Kenzi named Frosty and asked Aunt Shauna if she had a magic hat.
Papa thought the Dale Earnhart hat was nice touch.

Cutest snow girl I have EVER seen!


We went sledding/tubing one day. After the first time going down, Kenzi was done because her and I had a difficult time getting up the hill. But through some coercion from me she went with her cousin Kayla, and Uncle Mike. Though Uncle Mike had to promise that he would carry her up the hill. So she liked it the last two times.


Me and my girl!

Gramma & Papa with the grand kids. Papa just watched while gramma went a couple of times.

The previously mentioned preferred mode of transportation up the hill!

I love my niece, Kayla to pieces, but there are times where she is REALLY special. Getting herself stuck in the tube is one of those! Love ya, Kayla!




So while we were in Utah we also went swimming. Notice the snow in the background.

Kenzi being not afraid of the water anymore. I think swimming lessons are very necessary now!

I did all of the girls hair on Sunday. They all looked beautiful!

Uncle Mike letting Kenzi drive his truck home from church. I tell ya, those rednecks!

And yes, she hugged the steering wheel pretty much the whole way home!


Emmett had a spelling Bee st school the day we were leaving. I kept waiting for the kids to say "Definition, please", "Use it in a sentence please", or even "Can I have phonetic pronunciation please?" But no, they all just got up an spelled it.

We really did have such a wonderful time. Thank you to my brother and his family letting us invade! I love it when we get together! Enjoy! Kari

2 comments:

Sara said...

looks like you guys had fun! When were you in Utah? I would have loved to have seen you. maybe next trip we can visit. Miss you.

Blacker Blog said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe all the snow!