Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boyfriend...

At breakfast yesterday Kenzi proceeded to have a conversation with us...


Kenzi: "Mom, Dad, I have a boyfriend."
Carter leans forward to close proximity of her. My eyes about pop out of my head then I put them back in and continued...
Mommy: "Really, what is his name?"
Kenzi: "Caleb"
Mommy: "Oh, what is a boyfriend?"
Kenzi: "You know and boy that is a kid."
Mommy: "And is he a friend?"
Kenzi:" Yes"
Mommy: "Do you have any other boyfriends?"
Kenzi: "I think no."
Mommy: "Well what about Ben?"
Kenzi: "Oh, yea. Ben is a boy and my friend."
Mommy: "What about Travis?" (Travis is a boy at school as is Caleb. Ben is my friend Carly's son.)
Kenzi: "No"
Mommy: "Why not?"
Kenzi: "Because at school he growls at me and I don't like that."
Mommy: "Oh so he is not a friend?"
Kenzi "No"
Mommy: "Oh, okay."

Daddy, who is still leaning forward during this whole conversation: "Hey little one... no one is allowed to touch you without asking daddy first!"
Kenzi: "Okay Daddy."

Mommy: "OK Carter she is four!"
Daddy: "Hey if we can talk to her about being modest now, we can talk about dating now!"
Mommy: "OK, I get your point"

Who knew this started so early! Hope you had a good laugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High School Drama is pathetic, don't let her start now.

Kayla

Dave said...

Nover to early to teach kids now not to let anyone touch them!