Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Prezzi ideas

So I have been wanting to share something I made for cousins weddings.  I actually gave this to a friend for her wedding too.  I have gotten positive feedback and it is simple.  My biggest problem was trying to make it be something that each couple would like and go with their decorating decor.  Red is a fairly obvious decorating color for LOVE.  But what do you do when the bride says she likes blues and turquoise.  Well look below...

 This is the turquoise fan and I thought it turned out great!  I used a paper towel to get the bloches of dark paint.  I then used rhinestone stickers and put them on wrapping them wherever I needed.  If you find the stickers popping off and out, then snip where it would need to bend and lay it back where it would go.

 This was for a cousin that said she would decorate with modern Asian minimalist theme.  I am sure I am not stating that correctly.  But anyhow, after the letter was painted a bright red I used mod podge to adhere the vellum with the Kanji word for love printed on it.  I then found the Asian flower for love which is a red carnation flower.  I cut a hole in the letter so the flower would not poke out too far.  If the flower pokes out to far, the letter would not stay standing.  I used liquid class to adhere them.  This was easier to have dry as I just laid the letters down. I also made sure to not have the flowers in a straight line as I was not sure I would be able to get them exactly straight and that would only bug me.

 This cousin said she would decorate in earth tones.  So I used a dark red paint to cover the letters and used paper to cover the front.  I didn't want to exactly copy her sisters above so I choose one  rose for one letter.  I used liquid glass adhesive and a ribbon to adhere this flower to the "L".  I would have used a glue gun but I did not take it with me on my vacay!  I did have to put weights in the back so this letter would not fall over.
I think that all of these turned out better than I had planned. These three different types were for three cousins that are sisters.  There is one more sister to get married so I will need to make one for her.  I really enjoyed making them and think it is a nice touch to have anywhere in the house.  Enjoy! Kari!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Freaking awesome!!!!

Rachel said...

Those are beautiful!