Thursday, August 27, 2009

The post to end all posts...

I have decided that I am going to use one post to finish our vacation. So first up...




So I have a friend, OK a couple of friends who live here in Allen, that are "Cali" girls. But one in particular, is die-hard "Cali-girl" and I wonder why she ever left! But she is a MAJOR In-n-Out fan. So when she happened upon this restaurant she called them impostors! I went into this restaurant in Florida and thought OK, there is the red and white thing but that is pretty much where it stops. You can eat or stash as many peanuts as you want. The floor is so slippery that you could fall and break a hip! The menu is quite extensive, in which In-n-Out is very limited. (Which is way fine by me as they are THAT good at what they do, they do not need more items on their menu!) And holy-moly, fries batman! As far as the burger itself, In-n-Out will still be the best hamburger you can get in the country for this girl!





Before we left Sarasota FL, Kenzi went over with Gram Mac to walk Uncle Len's basset, Logan. Apparently Kenzi and Logan hit it off from day one. Not surprising really!




So we headed home and took three days to do it. We stopped to see the USS Alabama. Really my husband would be the better person to ask about it as he is the history buff and this kind of stuff is way cool to him. Me, on the other hand, it is a HUGE boat! This is a pretty cool picture though. That will probably be blown up in the scrapbook. But anywho, a funny story is that I tend to be afraid of heights. Though I don't realize it often because I am fine on airplanes. They also have a submarine on land that you can go in to. There are a set of stairs outside of it to get to the top and then you go down one of the holes to go inside. Well, by the time we got to the top of the stairs I was starting to have an anxiety attack. I walk over to Carter and tell him, "hey I am having trouble, so you and the kid do whatever, I will wait for you inside the Airplane hangar." "No we will come with you" After bantering back and forth we all start our decent down the stairs to which Kenzi says "What are we doing?" Carter: "We are going back down because mommy is scared." Kenzi: "Mommy it is going to be OK, you are going to be fine!" Mommy: "I know honey, thank you!" Pretty sad when your four year old reassures you!




We also stopped in Alabama to tour an Antebellum Home. (Or plantation home.) Come to find out that Plantation home is not the politically correct term as it connotes slaves. I was unaware and no one tarred and feathered me, however, I have always loved plantation homes. I would love to live in one, one day, minus the slaves. Though I would have family move in so we all could keep it clean together! :0) It was beautiful and if we had more time, I would have stopped at some more in Louisiana.



This picture just makes me smile. We had gotten home earlier that day on 4th of July and wanted to see fireworks, so this is us waiting and eating Taco Bell/Pizza Hut dinner since that was pretty much the only thing open! Who knew? Such a fun vacation! Loved it! One of those vacations that you don't want to end even though you know it cannot last! Sorry for the long post, but at least vacations are done! Yippee!! Kari

1 comment:

Blacker Blog said...

I would have called it a plantation home also. Pretty cool looking. What restaurant was the in-n-out imposter? I can't believe Kenzie got into all that makeup! I hope it wasn't the stuff that I just gave you! I'm so sorry! Thank goodness you didn't kill her! When stuff like that happens, I always have to sing myself that country song, "You're Gonna Miss This."