Thursday, August 27, 2009

The rest of the summer...

Baby Rhys' baby blessing, I know I am over a month late but look at the adorable family!
The Creature Teacher at the Allen Library brought out all kinds of animals including the Chinchilla, which likes to take dirt baths. A frog, a skeet, a kimono dragon and a snake which people could pet after the show. Kenzi opted not too.

Kenzi being goofy at the bowling alley. She actually got to finish her games this time!
Kenzi cuts her hair with Carter manicure scissors! Retarded mom here, I found the hair and did not realize it was her hair until a few days later with Carters help. It helps that she cut the under side!
We help Allen Community outreach move to their new building. Kenzi did a great job of moving stuff!
Kenzi's cousins come for a visit with Gramma & Papa B. And somehow gramma and papa escaped again without a picture! Starting from left to right is Amber, Autumn, Drew, Kenzi, & Me. The things we did while they were visiting were ice skate (obviously), bowling, Celebration park, Natatorium, shopping, played games - both board and wii, playstation. When the cousins went home we had another week with my parents in which we did more shopping, looked at houses and neighborhoods and hung out a lot. We had a great visit with the family! Kenzi loves her cousins, gramma & papa B.
We get Kenzi's hair cut short/fixed. It would not have been a problem to keep it long, but the reason she cut it was because she wanted short hair. So Carter and I talked and we agreed to let her cut it but only to her shoulders. It is really cute and everyone seems to like it. Though I thought I was going to have heart failure when I saw three inches of hair on the floor!
So Kenzi and I got a date night while Carter had game night. We decided to go feed the ducks. Needless to say she LOVED it! We nicknamed two ducks Bob and Larry. They kept getting in my face. Offly brave ducks!





So the High School in our town was having a 10 mile parade fundraiser around town. They came right by our house but we caught the tail end of it. I knew where they were going to so we headed them off right before their finish point. Shanette, our babysitter told us that there are 600 members in the band! When you see them they are a spectacle! 600! That is 1 1/2 times my high school! GO EAGLES!
So that catches you up! Yea for me! And I know Keri I don't have too. But some grandparent's survival depend on it! I will be better about it now. Hopefully your summers were just as great as ours was! Thank you to all of our family and friends who helped it to be so much fun! Love ya! Kari








1 comment:

Crystal said...

That must have been hard to get her hair cut. It was long! It looks cute though.