Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I get a vacay...

So it starts on Friday, I am to leave out of Love and my flight is delayed. It is so delayed that I would miss my connecting in Austin. I get my flight switched and eventually make it to So. Cal and meet up with my mom. I go to baggage claim and no bag. So I fill out a report. As I am processing what is going on I realize that I have no clothes for the wedding that is suppose to happened that night. So off the car rental place we went. After insisting that we pay what we were quoted we get our compact car without power windows & locks. Which threw both of us for a loop being as how we both have cars that have remote locks! Then we are off to get me an outfit. 30 minutes to get a dress, shoes, necklace, earrings, and a bracelet. (We know how to power shop!) We then get food and check into our hotel. We have about an hour and a half until we have to leave. So we eat and then start getting ready. I realize that I don't have any makeup or even deodorant! Mom starts spilling her makeup bag and offers me anything and everything. We leave and on the way out I talk to the front desk and ask which to turn on PCH. Left. So we turn left. After trying to find it for 30 minutes, I call Carter at home and have him mapquest it. We get to the parking lot at 5:56. The boat is suppose to leave at 6 pm. As we are walking to the boat my glasses break. There are ramps and stairs everywhere! I am sure I gave the kid at the bottom of the stairs a shot of my underwear going to the floor where the wedding was happening. When you do so you are in front of everybody as you try and find a seat in the back. We were the last two on the boat! Needless to say, the boat took off and the wedding went on without a hitch. It was a very nice service and everyone is very happy for them and we all though "It is about time!" I thought the wedding was very well organized because after the wedding we would go downstairs for drinks and appetizers, then back upstairs for dinner, downstairs for cake, upstairs for dancing. We got off the boat around 11 pm PST and say goodbye. Mitch asks if we are staying the same hotel and then says "Stay up we can party!" To which I was not ready for since I was so tired from being up since 6 am CST. So we went back to the room and passed out! There were moments where I thought I was not going to make it! And with all of the hectic moments, It was so much fun! I think my company had something to do with that!




Here is a picture with myself and Mel! She was absolutely stunning and beaming!









So the Next day, we had breakfast, went shopping, did some more shopping, had a nap, I think, small one, had dinner with my in-laws, and did some more shopping. We had a great visit with my in-laws and JT is just getting bigger. Alex was on a retreat with the Troubadours. My mom took all the pictures because she did not want to be in them. I told she had to be in one with me because part of my trip was spending time with her. And we never got one. The last day we were there, I got to have IN-N-OUT!!! It was so good! Me trip home was not near as eventful as my trip there. It was nice! Oh, I almost forgot, Southwest paid me $50 for reimbursement on buying the outfit since they lost me luggage. And they totally cut me a check when I went to baggage claim! I was really impressed with my flights and how they handled the lost bag. they did try and get it to me before the wedding. I had it in my room about 6 pm on Friday.

So I have baggage claim stories... Really Carter has gotten me into this habit of asking "What is the strangest, funniest thing you have seen doing your job?" I found out that Larry King broke their door because he was mad. Cory Hame (spelling?) came in and declared very loudly, "I am Cory Hame, I am an actor, and you lost my luggage!" They have also found marijuana, and a kilo of cocaine. But the winner is... A guy said he worked for American 15 years ago and a box came in. It was really light but he put where it needed to go and in two days a package has to be opened to take inventory. He puts his gloves on and opens the box. There is nothing in there! Someone points to the back of his hand "Dude!" And on the back of his hand was a Madagascar hissing cock roach!!!!!!!! Yes, he said he did flip out! Apparently it was someones pet. Now someones dead pet?!?!?! Anyway, I had a GREAT time and I am so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends!

And just to show, I am still a California girl living in Texas, I splurged on a sticker for my car. I NEVER put stickers on my car, but I thought this one was cute and had to have it! Later! Kari

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm glad you got a little vacation. That sucks about the flight and bags. at least you got a free outfit!!

Dave said...

Sounds like a lot of fun getting there! I am sure that it was worth it to see friends and family and have (sigh) In-n-Out!

Keri and Neal said...

Nice fence too! Those are some clean windows.

MM said...

WOW! What a trip? Can you imagine if you'd had Kenzi to deal with while trying to do all that! Arent' you grateful for blogs to allow you the outlet to just vent about crazy stuff like that? You're such a trooper!!