Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why Mommy?!?!?!

OK, so I debated whether or not the put this on here, but I think it was cute. Kenzi and I do Meals on Wheels in our community twice a month. And this morning while she was eating her cereal, I was telling her that we were gong to MOW today.
"Why Mommy?" Well, I had to think for a second...
"Well sweetheart, Heavenly Father has asked us to help other people and provide service for them. And this is one way that You and Mommy can help other people and do what Heavenly Father asked. We are taking food to them because they cannot get it themselves."
"Are they hungry mommy?"
"Yes"
"OK"

2 comments:

Crystal said...

What a great teaching moment!

Becky said...

What a great way to teach service at such a young age. Kids understand hungry. They do not like it. It is a good way to help them understand that there are others that need our help to not be hungry. Good for you. Maybe when I get back to Texas I will come with you too.