Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of Kindergarten!!!!

Well my baby is not a baby anymore. And I have coming to that conclusion in the past oh about 4 years. But today, I can no longer put it off! It is KEnzi's first day of Kindergarten! She was trepadatious all the way until we could see the school and then she got very excited. She even yelled "School BUS" when she saw one!


I have plans of walking her to school everyday that I can. So today Carter and I walked her.
Us needing to make up some time so she would not be late. She loves to ride on Carter's shoulders. It was there that she spotted the school bus!
Kenzi next to the Kinder"garden" wall.
After we hung Kenzi's backpack up she told me "I am going to go color now." (and if you have a problem with that you will have to work that out on your own!) OK so she didn't say that last part but I could tell she was not asking permission she was just informing me!
At her table putting her name tag on.
So they are doing something different with the Kindergarten classes. They are having the children rotate among all the kindergarten teachers for the first week. By Friday of this week we will know who Kenzi's teacher will be. But for now the teacher that is bending down talking to Kenzi is Mrs. C and she will be Kenzi's "homeroom" teacher.
So this is pick up after Kenzi's school day. On the walk home both Carter and I were able to talk to her about her day. I did ask about her backpack that if they knew it was her backpack. Her reply: "Yes they know it is my backpack. They told me it was a boy backpack. I told them 'So I like boy stuff. That is just the way it is!' and they said 'Oh'!" So now that we have gotten that out of the way! :0)

So this was taken when Kenzi finally fell asleep on Sunday night. I have a great flash! But she was so ready to start school! Can you tell?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Well, now that I have most of my day without a shadow I have to figure out what I need to do. Notice the word need in that sentence. I know that I can fill my time, I just want to make sure that I am doing what my Heavenly Father would have me do. So I will keep you posted and have a wonderful school year everybody! Later! Kari

No comments: