Thursday, August 5, 2010

SoF Week 8

MONDAY - Well as explained in another post Kenzi got a butterfly kit for her birthday. We had two butterflies from the batch of five caterpillars. We decided to let them go so they could live out their two weeks in the wide open spaces.








We also went swimming at a friends house. And again, Kenzi does not need much coercion to go swimming.








TUESDAY - So the biggest news today was, Kenzi lost her first tooth! She was eating an apple and when I looked at her she had something in her hand and look a little bewildered. I walked over and noticed it was her tooth and instantly went for excited. I could tell if I was nervous she would be too. So we came into the office and showed Carter. Well he tried to showed excited but was more successful with freaked out. So if we go by growth charts Kenzi is a year early in loosing her incisor teeth. However, I have come to learn that Kenzi has her own agenda whether she knows it or not. So, Carter was concerned that other things would happen faster as well. I really think she is OK and I am sure Carter has come to that conclusion too.





The tooth Fairy, Ralph, left the banner and a Sacaguia coin. Kenzi was very excited about it that she woke up at 5:30 am to see if Ralph came to visit yet. A couple days later we got the movie "The Tooth Fairy" and watched it. She is very proud of herself and prays every prayer for her tooth to grow in.


We also had some friends over to watch a movie and play wii. Kenzi loves having her babysitters over and she loves to play wii. It was a lot of fun! Shanette, Melissa and MaryAnn seemed to enjoy themselves too.








WEDNESDAY - OK so let me see if I can explain this one. My friend Debra had her nephew and family visiting. They have a son, Nathan who is 6. So we decided to go drive some golf carts. We also had Sophie and Rhys with us. They seemed to enjoy themselves too.



Nathan was a pro! I see Nascar in his future!

Kenzi had quite a few accidents. I thought I was going to have to give Tylenol before going to sleep tonight!

Sophie getting some help!

Rhys trying to chill. It was 105 degrees!






THURSDAY - So we had Sophie and Rhys visiting on Thursday again and I figured it would be good to get them out of the house by suggestion from my mom. So we got swim suits and sun block on and headed to the spray park. Rhys seemed to like it until I wouldn't let him get off the blue part. Sophie ran onto the structure and was done and Kenzi ran around like a chikcen without her head. Good times!








FRIDAY - So Friday we went to the bookstore. Kenzi had read ten books and was able to get a book for free. So we hung out in the Children's section a little bit. That was when I found out that when Rhys has crawled away from you and you say his name, he thinks it means to crawl faster away from you some more. It is a good thing our children are so dang cute! When I would finally catch him he would just give me a huge smile! And of course how can I even be the slightest bit upset with that mug?!?!?!?!?!?












SATURDAY - Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints means we celebrate our church history. And in July we recognized July 24th as a significant day due to the Pioneer Men, women, and children that made the trek from the East to what is now known as Utah. So in recognition of that event, our ward had a pancake breakfast and a few activities. The main event was the parade where Kenzi was able to ride her bike. She was VERY happy about that.







There was also a rope pulling contest. It was kinda funny because here she is on the right side and then right before it started she switched to the other side. But she still had fun!



Here is two of my most favorite people. Carter couldn't play tug of war as he was still recovering from his surgery. But he was there to have pancakes and cheer on Kenzi.


Another great week of summer. I really hope I can be OK with Kenzi going to Kindergarten! Though at this rate I am not sure because we are having a lot of fun! Later! Kari

No comments: