Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...And now, for something completely different...



Hi people, Carter here. I am the striking fellow in the Green Lantern shirt above. Kari has been maintaining the blog for a while now, and has been asking me to contribute, but I just never got around to it. Something about sitting in front of a computer typing all day really takes the fun out of it, you know? Anyway, Crystal Hill came over tonight to show Kari how to do more with the blog, hence the background changes. (Thanks Crystal. You rock!) Anyway, as Kari was wrapping up she offer to invite me to contribute, so here we are. I'll try to add in my 2 cents from time to time, but I am not making any promises. Anyway, the kid and I spent some time together tonight. While Kari was working on the blog we watched an episode of "When we left Earth" that I had on the DVR. This particular episode was on the Apollo program, so I spent the time trying to teach her 2 things:

1. Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
2. The Saturn V rocket took us to the moon.

Needless to say we need some practice. We'll get there. Anyway, the only other thing of note that happened today was that Kari accidentally flushed a pair of Mackenzie's panties down the toilet. I'll let her tell that one, since I did not see it first hand. So, let me take some time and space to throw out a few things that I am thankful for, since I feel it is something that I feel we should all do from time to time.

Things I am thankful for right now:

Mackenzie, and the fact that she is totally becoming her own person with her own personality. When I say , "You are being goofy!" she looks at me dead serious and says, "I'm not goofy, I'm Kenzie!".

That Amy's friend in Georgia had her baby today and both of them are fine. This was a rough one, yall...

My job and the means it provides for us, especially that it allows for Kari to stay home and be mom.

The fact that Kari's mom is coming for a visit tomorrow. Everyone likes it when Gramma Bailey comes to town.

The comedy genus of Steve Carrell. If you have never seen The Office, you are really only cheating yourself.

The fact I have 2 dogs that like to sleep on my foot. It really does wonders to help you relax when an animal sleeps on your foot.

A wife that is a goddess. Not only did she cook a great dinner tonight, but she baked cookies, kept the kid alive today, fixed the bathroom sink, looks incredible and knows who the Legion of Superheroes is. What more could a man ask for? I mean really?

In closing, here is a bonus picture of Mackenzie with a goat. Its your moment of Zen...


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Your wife is great but evil at the same time. Or maybe your the evil one. I just want you guys to know that I had 1 cupcake and 3 cookies after leaving your house last night. What are you guys trying to do to me??

Liz said...

Men & Blogs - not sure if they should mix! Seriously, great start!! Thanks for sharing your views and opinions!! And thanks for posting more pictures of Mac - she is the best looking in your family!!!!!

Natalie said...

You are such a great husband. Write more often. Your goddess is great, but you are pretty good too.