Saturday, June 14, 2008

Swimming, Tickle Monster, Off, & Hulk

OK, so I think it has been a slower week even though we went and saw Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium on Wednesday, we had Sophie over on Thursday and we went swimming on Friday. So this post is actually about yesterday or Friday. And, yes all of these events happened on the same day! So let me explain...

SWIMMING
As some of you may know it is difficult to put Kenzi down to bed every night. It is not abnormal for her to carry on for two hours before submitting to sleep. So we have tried many things to get Kenzi ready for bed including, but not limited to, singing, rocking/cuddle time, being stearn, and yes unfortunately I even tried a spanking. And to no avail it really does not matter what we do she will go to sleep however she wants. Well in another effort to help her submit to slumber, I told her Thursday night that "Tomorrow morning we are going to go swimming!" Her response: "Ha, YEA!!!!" throwing her hands up in the air. So she walks to bed and hey, she didn't give us a fight! YES! a triumph for mom and we have a peaceful evening! Thank goodness!! Yippee!! The planets have aligned... or so I thought! At 6:55 am CST (which Kenzi normally does not wake up before 8 am and many times lets me sleep until 10!) we hear a knock on her door and when we open the door she is standing in her room buck naked with her swim suit in one hand and her cover up in the other. She holds them both up and says "Time to go swimming!!"Carter explains to her that it is too early and not time yet, even trying to use the clock to help him out even though Kenzi so cannot tell time and will tell me that Daddy will be home in five minutes when it is 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Anyway, she concedes and goes to the bathroom and then when Carter goes to put her pull up on she says "No, swimming pull up!" Carter:"Honey, remember, swimming is later?" Kenzi: "No swimming pull up!" Somehow Carter gets her to be OK with the regular pull up and feeds her breakfast!

TICKLE MONSTER
After Kenzi's nap on Friday, she was a little whinny. I blame it on not enough sleep! So I started tickling her to distract her. It got to the point where all I had to do was flick my hands out like claws and wiggle my fingers she would run giggling and screaming like she was afraid all the way to the kitchen sink. Well one time when I flick my hands out and she turned to run I kept up with her as she was flailing her arms about like a great movie actress. When she got to the sink and turned around she just about jumped out of her skin and squealed so loud. Followed by the belly laugh that I LOVE so much!

OFF
OK so this one needs a little back story. We have two dogs, Dax and Georgia. When we got Dax we took her to a great trainer who helped us to set limits for the dog. Don't get me wrong they are very much apart of the family, being as how they are in the family pictures and all. Anyway, there are certain commands for certain situations. Such as, "Out" for correcting them on peeing inside the house, or having something in their mouth that they are not suppose to and "Off" for things like off the couch, off the bed, off the kitchen table (yes I had to use that one). Well Dax is about five years old and very much an inside dog. She will go out to do her business and maybe play a little with Georgia the puppy but then scrapes the door when she wants in. She has thrashed our door pretty good to the point of having to replace it some day. However I need to break her of this before I get a new door. So every time Dax does this I go to the door correct her and shut the door. I do not let her back in until she stops doing it, but I correct her every time she does it. (And the saying you can't teach an old dog new tricks... Georgia only needed to be corrected twice and now does not do it! Georgia is 8 months old.) So anyway, while Kenzi and I were playing in the living room Dax and Georgia was outside. Dax scrapes the door. Next thing I know Kenzi stands up and says "I need to talk to her!" She walks to the Kitchen. I hear her open the back door, yell "Off" to Dax and then shuts the door and locks it. She came back and sat down like nothing even happened and I asked her how she was doing and she said "I am doing good."

OK so the last topic...I know this is long, and she is not your kid, but again, her blog...

HULK
Carter and his friend Neal enjoy going to guy movies so much so that they are known to see the midnight viewing of some of those movies. Well after our date night last night Carter and Neal went to watch the new Hulk movie. I was getting Kenzi ready for bed and she heard me ask Carter bout what time the movies was. Well there was no getting her off the topic. "Daddy are you going to the movies?" Daddy are getting copcorn (AKA popcorn)?" Daddy you are seeing the Hulk movie?" After Carter left, I was putting Kenzi to bed and she asks me, "The Hulk not going to get daddy?" "No honey, the Hulk is not going to Daddy." OK so this continues to this morning... We woke Kenzi up so we could go the Museum of Nature and Science. She was dead to the world when we woke her and still asleep while Carter was helping her to sit on the potty to which she snapped out of her daze and said "Did you go see the Hulk Movie?!?!" And then a whole bunch of gibberish that we could not understand!

That is my girl! Gotta love her! Kari

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yea, gotta love her!! So did Dax listen to Kenzie?? Did she stop scratching at the door? Maybe Kenzie should be the one in charge!!
P.S. we hear our kids like dogs and cats, so we're glad we have friends with both!!

Blacker Blog said...

Even though not my kid, still very cute.