Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kenzi's House


So for Kenzi's birthday, Gram Mac bought her a house. Well, we got it from Costco and it is definitely one of those you have to put together. So Carter and I commited to putting it together on Saturday. Carter first mowed where we wanted to put it, then we proceeded to lay out all of the pieces in the backyard. It took 27 steps, about 110 screws, and 5 hours to put it together. It was completely worth it to watch Kenzi play with a two walled house, then a three walled house, then a four walled house, and then a house with a roof on it. Carter and I put it together without any arguments and had a great time doing it. After we were done, we all jumped in the pool. Ok, stepped into the pool, where Kenzi, Georgia, and Dax all got baths! And of course as we are getting ready to go to bed, we realize that we needed to put cement under that thing pretty soon, otherwise, Kenzi is going to open the door and not be able to walk in, since we cannot get a lawnmower in there. And I am pretty sure the vaccuum cleaner isn't going to work. Kenzi is so happy with her house that when Keri & Neal got here the first thing she said was "Look at my house!"

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That's so cute! Does it have a little porch?

Liz said...

How cute! She looks right at home.

Becky said...

What a lucky girl. I always wanted something like that when I was little. I never got it. But I'm not bitter maybe just a bit jealous.

Dave said...

That was such a HOT day to be putting up a house. Talk about uncontional love for a child!