Saturday, November 21, 2009

Texas High School Football...

So I went into Target to find a cable and it was not on the shelf so I asked if they had any in the back. An employee comes over with scanner and is helping me to which I saw this...
I asked Sean "What is this bad boy for?"
Sean: "For Allen High School State Champions last year"
Me: "You have got to be kidding me! High school?"
Sean: "Yes ma'am." To which I went on to explain that I do not get the hype about high school football in Texas and I of course was insistent on taking a picture to show Carter and the rest of the free world. So that ring ladies and gentlemen is for for a high school championship! So if any of you native Texans can explain it to me, feel free. I just don't get it! BTW, Sean is going to the community college for this year and will be going to Texas Tech next year. So in the meantime Allen high school champions work at Target. Oh and Shanette, he said he does remember/know you. Later, Kari.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I don't get the high school football thing either. Well, I don't get the hype about football in general. Way, way too long of a game to keep my attention. Way!

Crystal said...

This is what I call ridiculous but that's all I'm going to say.