Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gramma B.'s surprise...

So a week ago Thursday Carter tells Kenzi and I that he has a surprise for us that he thinks will cheer us up. But he had to work late and he would be home around 9 or 10. (I should have caught on then, he never says what time he will be home unless I push.) So he gets home and says "Kari come here" "Kenzi is coming is that OK?" " Yea, come here!" Well Kenzi is 3 steps ahead of me and turns the corner and says "Gramma!" To which I thought was odd and then turned the corner and saw my mom! I had to process what I was seeing and all I could think was that my mom lived in California, so she can't possibly be standing in my kitchen! She then said hi and I lost it. I couldn't even walk towards her, she had to come to me and give me a hug as I kept bawling! Carter gave me a hug and I was still bawling. Mom asked me if I was OK and I just shook my head. I could not speak except to say "Is someone going to explain?" So it turns out that they had this planned for a month! My brothers & dad knew. Which if you know my dad it is a miracle that he did not say a word. Keri and Neal knew! I was amazed that they pulled it off! And if you know my relationship with my mom, it is truly amazing that she did say anything to me. We tell each other everything!

So she stayed for ten days! and one of the things we did and we do every time she visits was get our toes done. Kenzi was with us and she get her toes painted. Here are a couple of pictures! Enjoy! I know that I did! :0)

Kenzi drying her toes where you normally put your hands! :0)


And Kenzi talked us into using the same color she used... you guessed it, PURPLE!

Later! Kari

1 comment:

Keri and Neal said...

Too cute with matching piggies!