Monday, May 31, 2010

Oh I forgot...

I forgot to tell you the best part about Six Flags! Or at least what I consider to be the best part. Well, remember when I mentioned about the Aquaman ride? Well it pretty much cooled us down as it was in the high 80s low 90s that day. And it really took all day to dry off. Well I think I was about another hour away from drying off when, Welcome to Texas, Spring rain came down in buckets! We were on the Merry-go-round when it started but my mom was not. She ran to the exit of the merry-go-round and when we got off we tried to wait it out but that was not working. So we ran to the closest store. While doing so we ran through about foot deep puddles/lakes. We bought an umbrella and spent about half an hour in the store and the rain was still not letting up. So we got soaked running to the overhang for the entrance and exit of the park. It was packed with school groups. Carter ran to the car and came and got us. Needless to say, we were soaked to the bone. I brought a change of clothes for the kid but not for any of the rest of us. So the kid was dry going home and the rest of us were still really wet when we got home. I absolutely love rain and cold weather and I was laughing most of the time. Kenzi was scared and we had to do a lot of reassuring. All I could say to my mom was "Welcome to Texas"! Kari

No comments: