Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

This is a picture of my Grandfather, Emmett. He was a Chaplin's Assistant in the Army in 1946. I want to publicly thank all of the men and women who serve in the military for our country just as my Grandfather had. We have many in our family who have been in many wars. They help to protect our country and serve other countries as well! Thank you!



We were invited over to a friends house for breakfast and the kids got to eat outside. I pretty much stayed out there with them while they ate and I have to say it is fun to listen to kids conversations.

Our city has built a Monument to honor all of our local military. On Memorial day they dedicated it. I couldn't help but think of Daddy Paul, Pap, Grampa Emmett, Grampa G, Grampa Richard, Jim II, Elizabeth, just to name a few. I think with this list alone, our families have been in every war there was at least from WWI to date. Again Thank you!

Our friends John, Carly,, Benn, Ella, and soon to be Clara. Gotta love John's hair!



We also have a Walk of Hope memorial for Cancer. This memorial was provided for a friend of my good friend who died of Cancer leaving a husband and an infant. I really hope that someday really soon we can find a cure for this disease that know no race, religion, economy, or sex. I am so thankful and constantly in awe for and of my friend Keri. She has battled Breast cancer at age 28 and now Melanoma. She is such a source of strength to everyone she meets!

Normally, I find Memorial day to be another day to swim and the start of summer. However I found myself be very reflective for those in my life who made me such a better person just by knowing them. Thank you for EVERYTHING! Kari.

No comments: