Monday, July 7, 2008

Let he who is without sin...

Hey kids, Carter here. So, I had an interesting week last week. About 6 months ago they found that I had a kidney stone, but it was too small to do anything about. So, they had me come back in to get an xray and see if it had gotten any bigger. Well, guess what? It was bigger. Fun times. My doctor recommended that they operate on it pretty much right now. Of course, having heard plenty of stories about people passing said stones, I was pretty quick to agree. So last week I got to go through the exciting experience of surgery to "bust up" the stones.


There were a few things about this I did not like:


  • Evidently, I am not "OK" with being put to sleep in an operating room. Evidently I started to fight on the table when they had to put the tube down my throat. According to reports it took 5 people to hold me down. I scrapped the heck out of one of my teeth, and put a nice gash in my gums, which is still healing.

  • For the next 2 days I felt like I had been in a fight with a crosstown bus and lost. Badly.

  • I needed to collect samples of the remains of said stones, which means that all pee must be filtered. Yes, more about me then you wanted to know, but consider this a public service annoucement, DON"T GET KIDNEY STONES! or at the very least a preview of what you can expect if you have to go though this exercise.

  • Passing stones, not so much fun, even if they are on the smaller side.

What I did like about this experience:


  • Vicoden laced with Tylenol will kill just about any pain.

So, that was my excitement last week. You can read the postings on the 4th, as well as Kenzie's first haircut. I took the kid to see Wall-E on Saturday, we both really liked it. It is a very cute movie, and not what I expected. Also it looks like my car is headed for the great scrapyard in the sky, or at the very least it might cost more to fix then it is worth. So....that will be fun to deal with. Anyway, I have a very hectic week coming up at work, so probably will not hear from me over the next few days. Since this is Kenzie's blog, let's see if we can find a picture of her for the audience...OK, here is a picture of Mackenzie at a Stars game last year. Its your moment of zen....


No comments: